AFA Chapter Teacher of the Year Award
Submission Deadline: March 15
CAP's Aerospace Education Teacher of
the Year Award
Submission Deadline: January 15
DESCRIPTION: The Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education Teacher of the Year Award is a national level award established to recognize and reward any Civil Air Patrol member who is a certified teacher for outstanding accomplishments in Aerospace Education and for possessing those honorable attributes we expect from American teachers.
QUALIFICATIONS: The nominees for this award must meet the criteria below in order to qualify for this award.
- Be a Civil Air Patrol Member.
- Be a certified classroom teacher from grades K-12 in any public, private, or parochial school.
- Must either teach aerospace education as a subject or use aerospace education to enrich the teaching of traditional subjects.
- Set high standards for students and demand excellence in student performance.
- Strive to improve personal academic competence and teaching ability.
- Demonstrate creativity in developing and utilizing materials to enhance the teaching of aerospace.
- Maximize student involvement and classroom activities to improve student learning or create and develop a one-time project or program of such significance that it has a major impact on the teaching of aerospace education.
AWARD ELEMENTS: The recipient will receive a $1000 cash stipend, free room and attendance to the Civil Air Patrol’s Summer National Board meeting where the award will be presented at a nice banquet. Additionally, the Civil Air Patrol will provide a commemorative plaque.
PROCEDURES: Download the Aerospace Educator Teacher of the Year Application form. The deadline to submit the nomination package for the annual Aerospace Education Teacher of the Year Award is January 15 of the current year. If you have any questions, please contact Aerospace Education at email@example.com.