STEM Kit Program Process
- CAP members can submit online applications for one CAP STEM Kit at a time via eServices. (Go to eServices and follow directions if you are a first time user.) When in eServices, go to Aerospace Education and find the CAP STEM Kit link to submit an application. Applications will be accepted throughout the year as long as funds are available. Applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail that the application was submitted and is awaiting approval, which usually occurs within one month.
Applications with a thorough, quality, and definitive project plan will have first priority.
CAP units and CAP educator members, to include AFJROTC Detachments, are encouraged to partner with other units, classrooms, or organizations to bring maximum exposure of the STEM Kit educational value. Collaborative examples:
- Connect upper and lower grade levels in schools for implementation and mentoring.
- Connect CAP cadet squadrons with community youth groups and/or schools.
- Connect with a community event for educational demonstration as an outreach program.
- Partner with an aviation and/or space museum to conduct demonstrations.
- Connect with the organization associated with each kit, as noted in confirmation e-mails sent to recipients.
- Quality applications will be approved by a CAP selection committee.
- The CAP STEM Education office will send an e-mail to applicants to notify them of their acceptance and of the estimated STEM Kit shipping date from vendor.
- The CAP STEM Education office will send recipients associated STEM Kit instructional materials and STEM Kit completion certificates for distribution to participants.
- In a STEM Kit selection notification e-mail, CAP's STEM team will remind recipients that the STEM Kit Evaluation Online Form should be submitted upon completion of the planned STEM Kit program.
- After submitting the online Evaluation Form, a second STEM Kit can be requested via the application process.
For more information, contact email@example.com.